Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Monday, April 29, 2013
Friday, April 26, 2013
Press release below.
10237 Tower of Orthanc, Ages 14+. 2,359 pieces.
Build the The Lord of the Rings™ trilogy must-have model!
US $199.99, CA $249.99, DE 199.99€, UK £169.99, DK 1699.00 DKK
Finally, collect one of the most instantly recognizable and iconic buildings of The Lord of the Rings trilogy: The Tower of Orthanc! Build all 6 highly detailed floors filled with fascinating movie-related details including the attic, library, alchemy room, Saruman’s throne room, entrance hall and dungeon. This exclusive model stars in some of the most iconic scenes from The Lord of the Rings movies. Swoop down with the Great Eagle and rescue stranded Gandalf the Grey from his tower-top prison after his defeat at the hands of the white wizard, Saruman. Build the powerful, tree-like Ent, with poseable limbs and cool swinging arm function, then attack the Uruk-hai and Orc Pitmaster while Saruman and his servant Grima Wormtongue take refuge high in the tower. The Tower of Orthanc is a must-have model for any The Lord of the Rings collection! Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf the Grey, an Uruk-hai and the Orc Pitmaster.
- Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf™ the Grey, an Uruk-hai™ and the Orc Pitmaster
- Features 6 highly detailed floors with lots of functions, including a folding staircase, LEGO® light brick palantir, opening entrance doors and a trap door
- Weapons include 5 staffs, knife, sword, shield and a long axe
- The attic features a folding staircase, the 3 staffs of the missing wizards, the 2 keys of the Two Towers, 2 maps and an Uruk-hai helmet, shield and sword
- The library features 2 books, 2 torches, 2 maps and 2 skulls
- The alchemy room features 2 torches, a bomb (being produced for the Battle of Helm’s Deep™), 2 potions, bottle, skull, gunpowder keg, pot, cauldron and a long axe
- Saruman’s throne room features lamps, 2 bookcases with 3 potions, map, letter and the powerful palantir with a LEGO light brick
- The entrance hall features opening doors, trap door, 2 large banners, chandelier, statue and 2 axes
- The creepy dungeon features a chain, 2 bones, 2 skulls and a rat
- Buildable Ent features poseable limbs for holding a minifigure and a cool swinging arm function
- Attack the tower with the cool buildable and poseable Ent!
- Swoop to the rescue with the Great Eagle!
- Activate the LEGO light brick and make the palantir glow!
- Set the trap door and banish unwanted guests to the dungeon!
- Prepare the bomb for the Battle of Helm’s DeepTM!
- Swing the Ent’s arms to smash or grab things with the poseable fingers!
- Measures over 28" (73cm) high, 8" (21cm) wide and 6" (16cm) deep
- Ent stands over 9" (23cm) tall
Available for sale directly through LEGO beginning July 2013.
I must say I can't wait for this set. The size of the tower is just awesome! LEGO is finally building in scale. Well, closer to scale than normal.
What do you think about this set? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
He has plenty of other great creations on his Mocpage and his Flickr. Be sure to check them out.
See it on Mocpages or Flickr.
Thursday, April 18, 2013
The last of the three Superman sets has been revealed: 76009 Superman: Black Zero Escape. The set comes with 168 pieces, three minifigures (including Superman, General Zod, and Lois Lane) and hopefully a cheap price of $20.
Monday, April 15, 2013
The whole world is getting ready for what looks to be the best Iron Man film yet! To celebrate this film, LEGO has released LEGO-ized versions of the movie posters.
Both posters show multiple Iron Man suits. In the one below, you can clearly see the Iron Patriot armor. This is a suit that was not released with the first wave of Iron Man sets. Hopefully this means we'll be getting it sometime in the future.
My favorite poster is definitely the top one. The way the water is falling off of him, and all the suits in the background are awesome. Which poster is your favorite?
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Just a couple days after we saw the Summer 2013 LOTR set pictures, all the Star Wars sets have been revealed. We get high-res images of every set. Including many we haven't seen before.
Most sets are remakes of 3-5 year old sets, with the designs differing slightly from the originals. But we do get some brand new models, including several from Episode II and the Clone Wars.
See more on Eurobricks.
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Mini Shop Series on LEGO CUUSOO.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
High-res images have been posted of the Summer 2013 Lord of the Rings sets. Up until now, we've only seen small, blurry pictures of each. Hardly enough for any LEGO fan. But now we can view them in their full glory.
79007 Battle at the Black Gate. 5 minifigures. 656 pieces. Price: $60-$70.
79008 Pirate Ship Ambush. 9 minifigures. 756 pieces. Price: $80-$100.
See more images on Eurobricks.
There are many out there, but one of my favorites is The Hulkbuster armor by Gabe Moore. While it is LDD, and I usually don't post LDD on here, it's a great MOC, and I'm sure there are several people who could build this with real bricks.
As of this posting, the release of Iron Man 3 is less than 1 month away! Excited? I am!
See it on Mocpages.
Sunday, April 7, 2013
The three sets are 79106 Cavalry Builder Set, 79107 Comanche Camp, and 79108 Stagecoach Escape.
All are great sets, with excellent price points. The other two should be available soon.
Friday, April 5, 2013
Dang! This is monstrous! 200,000 pieces + 600 hours of work = one phenomenal creation. Don't forget to let Mike know how great this is.
I defy anyone to show me a better MOC than this. Up to the challenge?
See more awesomeness on Mocpages.
Monday, April 1, 2013
Promotion begins on the 4th of May. So you've still got a bit of a wait. Just gives you more time to make your list.
See the review on Eurobricks.